Skip to main content

To all the Boys I've Loved Before. Book vs Movie

 To all the boys I’ve loved before movie vs book comparison.

 


To start off, I think both the book and movie were good. I personally think the book is better, but I’m writing about how they are different. To all the boys I’ve loved before is about three sisters. The main character Is the middle sister. Lara jean. After Lara jean got over her crushes, she wrote them very long and detailed letters. The boys she wrote a letter to include her sister’s ex-boyfriend/their neighbor, the popular boy in school who was dating her enemy, and two other boys that don’t add majorly to the story. She kept these letters hidden in a box in her room. Not hidden enough, since her little sister Kitty sent them to each of the boys. After the letters were sent out, Peter proposed that he and Lara Jean pretends to date each other to negatively impact Gen, his ex-girlfriend. When they start seriously liking each other, things get messy.

            In the book, Kitty sent the letters as revenge due to Lara jean mentioning to Josh that Kitty had a crush. Even though Lara Jean didn’t mention that kitty liked Josh, their big sister’s ex, Kitty was still angry. It was never explicitly said in the book, who sent out the letters, but you could guess that it was Kitty. In the movie, it was shown that Kitty sent the letter out. However, Kitty sent the letters out with good intentions. She wanted Lara Jean to get a boyfriend. It didn’t add or take away anything from the plot or story. It did change how viewers would see their relationship.

A smaller difference was Peter's letter. In the book it mentioned him having an std. However, in the movie, this was not mentioned. Peter didn’t really care about Lara saying that, so it didn’t change much in the movie.

Lara Jean and Peter started fake dating n the movie to make Gen (Peters's ex-girlfriend) jealous to win her back. However, in the book, they pretend to date to send the message to gen that the relationship is over. Also, in the big and movie, Lara Jean and Peter have a big fight. In the movie, this fight is about a hot tub scene including gen peter and Lara jean. In the book, they fight only because Lara jean thinks peter still loves gen.

In conclusion, I think the book and movie are very similar. The movie is just a more dramatized version of the book. I like the book better because In my opinion, it is more realistic. I could see my sister doing something like kitty as revenge, not really because she has a strange interest in my love life. I would still recommend both. After reading these comparisons, would you rather read the book or watch the movie. Why? 

- Jordan

Comments

  1. A long time ago, I liked this movie. I didn't really like the book, but the movie was quite dramatic and interesting. I liked the character development and the plot was good. I will make sure to reread this book sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This series is one of my favorite books and movies, and I totally agree the book was better. I also agree that the movie was really dramaticized to the point where the original meaning of the book got lost a little. To answer your question at the end, I think it would depend. Whether I needed a dramatic rom-com or a realistic good book. Great blog post Jordan!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Neverseen Review

Neverseen is the third book in the Keeper of the Lost Cities series written by the author Shannon Messenger. In this book, we see Sophie Foster, the main character of this series as well as the narrator, face many perils and journeys and see her overcome a lot of dangerous missions. To recap, Sophie is an elf and lives in the world where all elves live, the Lost Cities. In this book, Sophie finds some very appalling secrets that could lead to her and her friends being in danger. With these secrets, she also faces perilous enemies that she still needs to find out more about.  As the third book begins, we see Sophie getting stronger and stronger and her also getting a firm grasp over her powers. She also is getting annoyed the Black Swan, a group filled with skilled elves, dwarves, and other creatures that work together to improve the world secretly, are ignoring Sophie and her calls for aid. Instead of waiting for the Black Swan to come to her Sophie and her friend look out to s...

Lola and the Boy Next Door

            “Wow!” I said to myself after reading this book, “that was terrible”. This book was Lola and the Boy Next Door , and it took a real effort to finish the book. More than 90% of this book was about a forbidden teenage romance, and I hate romance novels.             The book starts off fast when Lola’s first crush, Cricket, moves back to San Francisco. He moved away to support his twin’s, Calliope, figure skating career. Calliope is an incredible figure skater, even making the US Olympic team later. Anyways, when Cricket moves back to town, Lola is conflicted by her feelings for him. On the one hand, she hates him because when she confessed her crush for him when she was younger, he rejected her. However, Lola is still in love with him even after he rejected her. Life becomes even more complicated because Lola’s boyfriend, Max, is not happy with Lola hanging out with Cricket. Max is Lola...

Warcross

              Marie Lu is an amazing writer, and she demonstrates that in her novel, Warcross . Warcross is about a poor 18-year-old, Emika Chen, living on the streets of New York. Much of her income comes from hunting down players in the Neuro Link. The Neuro Link is a way to play Warcross by creating a virtual reality. Warcross is a mix between Overwatch and League of Legends. Anyways, she is essentially a virtual bounty hunter with an incredible ability to hack through and understand the code of Warcross. However, desperate for money, she exploits into a Warcross match to try and steal a valuable powerup, a buff, that can be sold money; however, her coding backfires and she spawns into the game. Because of the attention that this brought Emika, the founder of the Neuro Link, Hideo Tanaka, decides to hire Emika because of her ability to hack. Hideo decides to have Emika go undercover and find information on Zero, a noto...