Skip to main content

Downfall of Haddix book series

 The downfall of Margaret Peterson’s Haddix book series.

 

Margaret Petersons Haddix's book collection consists of 9 books. Found, Sent, Sabotaged, Torn, Caught, Risked, Rescued, Revealed, and Redeemed. I started reading this series in 6th grade and I still haven’t finished due to how incredibly repetitive and boring it got. The first book in the series, “Found” was a 10/10. I would still recommend it today. It is about two teenage friends. Jonah and Chip. Jonah always knew he was adopted. However, Chip did not know until recent events that later involve the FBI, a missing plane, missing people, and people disappearing and reappearing…including him. The next book “Sent”, was also very well written with many great plot twists. From what I’ve read, after “Sent”, the remaining of the series wasn’t interesting. The books were very predictable and written poorly. The cover art also started getting repetitive. However, I do feel the characters had good character development throughout the series. That’s a very consistent thing I do like about Margaret Peterson’s writing style; she writes in a way that will make you feel personal connections to the characters. It is very hard to write a series where all the books are interesting. I think she should’ve made the series 3 or 4 books, not 9. I would recommend this book series to people who are really interested in Sci-fi. To conclude, I think Margaret Petersons is an amazing author and has written other great series, but I don’t recommend this one.  

 



Judge these books by their cover.

Based on the covers, which book would u most likely pick up? Why?

 

 




Comments

  1. I really liked this review not only because of the writing, but also because I haven't seen many people writing blogs criticizing a series. I thought your points were valid and liked how you praised aspects of her writing while critiquing others. I read Found a while back but never continued with the series, and after reading this it's unlikely I'll return to it. In regards to the question, I'd probably pick up revealed since the title seems the most interesting. All in all this is a great review, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review!! I really appreciate the honesty on your behalf as to why you don't think it's a great series while still being able to point out positive things. Personally I can't really tell much of a difference between the covers but if I had to choose I think I'd go with redeemed because it is the most unique-looking one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Neverseen Review

Neverseen is the third book in the Keeper of the Lost Cities series written by the author Shannon Messenger. In this book, we see Sophie Foster, the main character of this series as well as the narrator, face many perils and journeys and see her overcome a lot of dangerous missions. To recap, Sophie is an elf and lives in the world where all elves live, the Lost Cities. In this book, Sophie finds some very appalling secrets that could lead to her and her friends being in danger. With these secrets, she also faces perilous enemies that she still needs to find out more about.  As the third book begins, we see Sophie getting stronger and stronger and her also getting a firm grasp over her powers. She also is getting annoyed the Black Swan, a group filled with skilled elves, dwarves, and other creatures that work together to improve the world secretly, are ignoring Sophie and her calls for aid. Instead of waiting for the Black Swan to come to her Sophie and her friend look out to s...

Lola and the Boy Next Door

            “Wow!” I said to myself after reading this book, “that was terrible”. This book was Lola and the Boy Next Door , and it took a real effort to finish the book. More than 90% of this book was about a forbidden teenage romance, and I hate romance novels.             The book starts off fast when Lola’s first crush, Cricket, moves back to San Francisco. He moved away to support his twin’s, Calliope, figure skating career. Calliope is an incredible figure skater, even making the US Olympic team later. Anyways, when Cricket moves back to town, Lola is conflicted by her feelings for him. On the one hand, she hates him because when she confessed her crush for him when she was younger, he rejected her. However, Lola is still in love with him even after he rejected her. Life becomes even more complicated because Lola’s boyfriend, Max, is not happy with Lola hanging out with Cricket. Max is Lola...

Warcross

              Marie Lu is an amazing writer, and she demonstrates that in her novel, Warcross . Warcross is about a poor 18-year-old, Emika Chen, living on the streets of New York. Much of her income comes from hunting down players in the Neuro Link. The Neuro Link is a way to play Warcross by creating a virtual reality. Warcross is a mix between Overwatch and League of Legends. Anyways, she is essentially a virtual bounty hunter with an incredible ability to hack through and understand the code of Warcross. However, desperate for money, she exploits into a Warcross match to try and steal a valuable powerup, a buff, that can be sold money; however, her coding backfires and she spawns into the game. Because of the attention that this brought Emika, the founder of the Neuro Link, Hideo Tanaka, decides to hire Emika because of her ability to hack. Hideo decides to have Emika go undercover and find information on Zero, a noto...